It may sound surprising but the deployment of ultra-high capacity does not necessarily mean additional complexity in network deployment and management. In our previous blog post, we described how ultra-high capacity solutions such as the Ceragon FibeAir IP-20V bring private wireless networks into the multi-gigabit era.
However, achieving high capacity is not the only challenge that network operators such as wireless ISPs face. Finding a way to simplify deployment and management is also a major challenge as networks become denser and more complex.
How can we simplify V-Band deployment?
The following main parameters should be taken into account when deploying V-Band links:
Ease of physical deployment
- Node form factor – the smaller the node, the more easily it will blend into the street level environment and the less it will be rejected by citizens
- Mounting kit – the simpler and more flexible the mounting kit, the shorter the installation
- Link alignment simplicity – link alignment is often the main time-consumer of the link installation tasks
Ease of configuration
- Configuration wizards – to assist in initial node configuration
- Pre-configured file – to further shorten the configuration process and reduce the skill required for node installation
- Channel selection and interference mitigation – as V-Band is a license-exempt frequency band, automated channel selection and interference mapping are crucial for fast and simple installation
Ease of S/N management
- Number of part numbers in the network affects planning, deployment and spare part management complexity
IP-20V – the easiest to install and manage V-Band ultra-high capacity node
Ceragon’s IP-20V node addresses all of abovementioned parameters by providing both the multi-gigabit capacity required for modern enterprise and ISP networks, and ensuring the smooth and easy deployment and management required for high productivity, time-to-market and operational efficiency.
The IP-20V small form factor and flat-panel integrated antenna, together with its unique easy-mounting kit, allows prompt deployment, link alignment and environmental blending. The easy-mounting kit enables tool-less course and fine 3-axis adjustment and alignment, as well as the ability to maintain link orientation even when the radio is replaced.
Like other members of the IP-20 platform, IP-20V installers can leverage the CeraOS installation wizards for fast initial setup, as well as the Ceragon Ceraplan service to create node-specific, pregenerated configuration files that eliminate most of the configuration tasks when deploying a new node.
In addition, interference mapping allows operators to select the most suitable band for their link. The fact that the IP-20V low latency FDD node does not use any diplexer allows flexible TX-RX separation and band selection.
Finally, the diplexer-less node covers the entire V-Band spectrum with a single part number, which simplifies planning, deployment, and spare-part management processes.
In summary, entering the multi-gigabit era does not necessarily mean a more complicated plan-deploy-maintain process. Ceragon’s IP-20V simplifies this entire process while providing the highest capacity V-Band solution.
Download our brochure to learn about Ceragon IP-20 Platform